27 July 2009

Music Monday Success!

Today was my first Music Monday. This may require some explanation... This whole idea has been constantly on my mind to create activity days for myself so that I can spend each day of the week devoted in focus to one overarching theme, thus Mondays are now Music Mondays.

It started yesterday as I created a massive brainstorm session in which I isolated about 7 items that make me happy and proceeded to label each day of the week according to one of each interest. So instead of waking up in the morning and wanting to do all seven things at once and then blowing off everything to go to the beach I now have a semblance of structure.

Brainstorm Below:













So for music Monday I:
- Played bass for about an hour. Mostly some Wilco, a little Weezer, and a sad attempt at some Brubeck Jazz
- Ate breakfast burrito of my own making
- Went to Barnes & Noble and did some Music Magazine snooping
- Read the beginning of a book called A Musician's Guide to Reading and Writing Music while getting my car washed
- Went Shopping
- Went to the gym and listened to The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust by Bowie (CD of the day)
- Listened to a great podcast by Kris Vallotton
- Had a protein shake and a salad for dinner!
- Shared a bottle of wine with my roomies
- Played a little guitar

So over all it was an amazing day.

I know there are a couple non-music oriented activities on there... let me explain. Obviously I have to eat... and the breakfast burrito was exciting enough for me to mention. My Magazine snooping is considered research. Any real rockstar will tell you that it is important to have a clean car, and that going to the gym is a must. Take Usher as an example: He has a strict eating regimen, mandatory workout routine, private chefs, and STILL gets lipo on his stomach to pull off his look. Now I would be lying if I said I didn't want his abs, but truly I am not interested in that sort of lifestyle just to parade in my underwear in front of thousands of women every year.

The only six pack I want (if that is what it takes) is actually an 18 pack of my favorite new beer from Fresh and Easy!

It tastes like Corona but is 1/3 of the price. I love you Freezy.

Enough commercials already... I am happy with my Music Monday and am very much looking forward to see what Theological Tuesday will bring!